If you’re not happy with shaving, tweezing, or waxing to remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal may be an option worth considering. Laser hair removal (LHR) is one of the fastest-growing methods of ridding the body of unwanted hair. The appeal of laser hair removal stems from its effectiveness, efficiency and convenience. It can be performed virtually anywhere on the body where you experience unwanted hair growth. Another reason for its popularity is that laser hair removal can result in permanent reduction of the hair.
How It Works:
A laser focuses light energy of a specific wavelength into a narrow beam. The laser light penetrates the skin disabling the hair follicle without damaging the surrounding tissue. Hair follicles that are in an active growth phase and with sufficient pigmentation will be destroyed by the absorbed laser energy.
- Treatments are quick. Laser hair removal treatments are quicker than you might expect. The time for treatments varies with the size of the treatment area. Appointments can be as little as 15 minutes and as long as an hour and a half.
- You will save money in the long run. With the permanent reduction of hair, you no longer need to purchase endless razors, shaving cream, depilatory creams, and you will no longer need to have monthly waxing appointments.
- You can eliminate and prevent ingrown hairs. Laser hair removal is simply the best option and the only solution to prevent and eliminate ingrown hairs. It is also a great option for those who have sensitive skin and experience skin irritation from shaving and waxing.
- You will save time. Laser hair removal eliminates the need to
shave daily. Add that up over a lifetime and just think how many weeks you spend with a razor in hand!
- No need to grow hair between treatments. Unlike waxing, you can shave between treatments. Say goodbye to the days of having to grow your hair out; with laser hair removal, you can shave as much as you like between
How To Prepare:
If you are planning on undergoing LHR you should limit waxing, threading, sugaring, tweezing & hair removal creams for six weeks before treatment. That’s because the laser targets the hairs’ roots, which are temporarily removed by other hair removal procedures.
Within 24 hours of your session, you should be sure to shave the area, as this will leave just enough hair visible to the laser. Even though it won’t be visible to you, the laser will still be able to target the follicle, and you can reduce your risk of burns by keeping hair below the skin’s surface.
We cannot treat anyone with a tan, real or fake. Sun exposure and tanned skin makes LHR less effective and makes complications after treatment more likely.
Some medications can interfere with LHR or make your skin more sensitive to treatment. This doesn’t mean you need to stop taking medication or refuse what your doctor prescribes, but it’s important to inform our medical esthetician on what medications you have recently taken.
Do not bleach your hair as there’s no pigment in bleached hair for the laser to target.
How Many Sessions Will You Need?
Multiple treatments are needed (between 6-8) because only hair in the active growth phase, or “anagen” phase can be affected by the laser. Time is needed for hairs in the Catagen & Telogen phases to move into the Anagen face. Effective results require treatments spread evenly. We recommend once every 4 weeks to remove facial hair and every 6-8 weeks to remove body hair.
Don’t spend another day waxing, shaving, or investing in electrolysis treatments. If you’re tired of at home treatments or salon treatments that are ineffective at permanent hair removal, make an appointment at Pure Spa and Salon. We specialize in laser hair removal treatments for men and women in the Dallas area.